It’s time to do some spring cleaning but instead of organizing the messy closets we are working on polishing up some poor gym habits. We asked a few of our members along with the feedback from our staff about their gym etiquette pet peeves. Below are the top gym no-no’s.
- Respect the Headphones- Do not start a lengthy conversation with someone who is wearing headphones.
- Do not MONOPOLIZE a piece of equipment-Allow others to work-in while you are resting.
- Save the phone use FOR LATER- Do not tie up equipment while you are searching through the social media feeds.
- Re-Rack your weights- If you are strong enough to load it, you are strong enough to put it back.
- Wipe off your equipment- Not only does it keep the germs at bay but it also signals to others that you are done with that piece of equipment.
- Practice Safe gym rules- Always wear closed-toed shoes, use clips on barbells and mostly importantly keep your bags off the floor.
- Use the Trash can- The gym is a second home for most so show a little respect and put your trash where it belongs.
- Proper Hygiene- No one wants to be the smelly kid so make sure you use deodorant before working out.
Group Fitness Etiquette:
- Show up on time- Do not be a distraction to others and the instructor by coming in late.
- Follow Along-There is a whole gym for you to do your own thing. Apart from modifications follow along with the routine the instructor prescribes.
- Save the Conversation for after class- this one explains itself.
Making fitness a part of your lifestyle is more than just working out. Make your journey the best for you and others.
If you are interested in joining check out our website www.bgathleticclub.com for a free 3 Day VIP Pass under the Start Here tab.